Saturday, December 29, 2018

My "Christmas Movie Night in a Box" Gift


This was a gift idea that has been all over Pinterest for a few years. I decided to make it for my grandfather, who is very tricky to come up with gifts for and likes movies. To make my version, you will need:
-A box of popcorn
-Candy (mine was Reeses)
-Hot cocoa mix or packets
-Trail mix or an alternative treat
-Chocolate (I used a mini sampler box, mostly because of the adorable box)
-Scrapbook paper/labels
-A pen/marker
-A card and money (optional)
-Mason jar and string/twine/ribbon (optional)

I used a small, Christmas cardstock pad I bought on sale at Michaels. I cut a big sheet out and glued it onto the popcorn box to prettify it. I wrote "Movie Theater Extra Butter Popcorn" since that was what the box read. I glued a matching cardstock trim onto the bottom of the Reeses box. I poured the trail mix into a mason jar, and tied a matching cardstock tag on with twine. I added a circle of the cardstock on the lid and wrote the trail mix title on it. Then I wrote a card and included $2 for a Redbox movie. It's a great last-minute option if you're pressed for time, too. The total price for mine was under $9. It wasn't too cheap but it wasn't too terribly expensive, either. 






Hopefully this will help give you ideas for adult movie-lovers next Christmas!

-Lauryn

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This