Thursday, April 9, 2020

"Bag of Sunshine" DIY Gift + Free Printable Sunshine Banner




Good morning, everyone! Today I'd like to share a recent gift I made with a tutorial for you, as well as a free printable sunshine banner (becuase who doesn't need some metaphorical sunshine right now?). This gift may be hard to put together at the moment with most stores closed and everyone staying in, but this may come in handy after quarentine is over and some of the items you should be able to make at home regardless. I got lucky and happened to have these things already in my house. First of all, here is a list of what I included in my "Bag of Sunshine" gift:
-Sanatizer (from Bath and Body Works that reads 'Stay Pawsitive')
-Stickers (mine were from a pad of Happy Planner stickers I cut out and got on sale at Michaels)
-The free printable banner below
-Sunshine-themed sheet music that I watercolored yellow (found free online)
-A clay sunshine I made with Polymer clay and painted with acrylic paint and clear nail polish
-Some yellow pens I found in my art supplies
-A bag of yellow balloons
-Confetti (handmade)
-A watercolor quote picture (handmade)
-A car air-freshener that looks like a yellow-ish candle (from Dollar Tree)

Now, you could make your own clay with flour and salt to substitute the Polymer clay, and you could use any art media to make a picture or share a quote. I made the confetti with two hole punchers I got on sale at Hobby Lobby a long time back that were star-shaped and heart-shaped, but you could hand-cut the confetti instead if you don't have any hole punchers. I just used plain construction paper (the only kind of paper I had in yellow). Provided you have ink, paper and a printer, you can print the banner below and sheet music. For the banner, you will of course also need string, scissors, and a hot glue gun with hot glue or tape to cut out the sunshines on the printable and attatch them on a string. For packaging, I just used printer paper, a black marker to write the calligraphy with, construction paper, those Happy Planner stickers I mentioned, and I might've used a little scrapbook paper I had although if I did I didn't use much because, like I mentioned before, I didn't have yellow.  As for the other objects I included, these could be substituted for nearly anything yellow. Most of the 'Box of Sunshine' gifts on Pinterest use yellow foods, too, I just try to avoid food gifts generally. I think that about covers everything. Happy crafting!


















Here is the printable:

I printed mine on cardstock. I hope this brightens your day!

-Lauryn


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This