Thursday, March 5, 2020

DIY Candy / Willy Wonka Bouquet



Hello! Today I am sharing a tutorial for a Willy Wonka/Candy bouquet. I made this for my brother last year when he played Charlie in a Willy Wonka play. This was a quick, very last-minute gift (otherwise I'd have never gotten him junk food with dyes). Please keep in mind that any of these treats could be substituted. For example, nut packages and a large bar of Lillie's chocolate or something could be used instead. 

To make this, you will need:
-Small packages of candy/treats
-A large, pretty treat such as a candy bar, homemade lollipop, homemade bread. a large cookie, etc.
-A small balloon
-Dowel rods or an alternative
-Hot glue and a hot glue gun
-Tulle

Step 1. 
Hot glue the candy/treat packaging to the wooden/plastic sticks/rods.

Step 2. 
Tie tulle around them all in a bundle and glue where/if necessary. Add in the balloon.

You're done! It's a super easy gift, and perfect for boys in theater who may not want flowers or traditional after-performance-type gifts. Plus, like I said before, this could be changed into a healthier version. I gave my other brother who played Mr. Bucket photos and a balloon in place of candy due to his dietary restrictions. There are lots of substitutes to a bouquet that are easy and quick. You could even do a non-candy bouquet.










I hope this comes in handy and you enjoyed! I look foward to sharing more activities and events with you soon!

-Lauryn
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This