Friday, August 5, 2022

One-Point Perspective Memory Room Drawings

  Hello! Here is a lesson I thought was pretty successful I did with my middle school students in a unit themed around time and memories. In that unit, we studied folk art, Grandma Moses and Clementine Hunter. This assignment was to illustrate a three-dimensional-looking room that is inspired by one or multiple memories using one point perspective. For example, I did a room with a checkered floor, giant chess pieces, a grand piano, and other decorations inspired by books that influenced me and the memory of my first piano. I walked students very carefully step-by-step through the process of using a ruler to make an X, then a square in the center using those lines, then demonstrated how everything follows the grid lines, getting larger near the viewer but higher and smaller in back. Here are student examples: 












I hope you find this lesson idea helpful!

-Lauryn


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This