Friday, November 6, 2015

How to create elegant sharing buttons on Blogger

At last, after countless attempts, failures, and lots of time, I figured out how to insert cute sharing buttons. And it was so easy!

 Let's do this step-by-step. First of all, once you are on blogger, click on Layout. When you are in Layout, click on Blog Posts and make sure the box next to the automatic sharing buttons is not checked. After saving your changes and clicking 'save arrangement,' go to Template. Under template, press Edit HTML. Now this is where I kept messing up before. I used a great tutorial on the Blog Decorator (the link will bring you to it). Unfortunately, that and all of the other tutorials I viewed instructed I search for
<div class='post-footer'>
When I actually should have been looking for 
data='post' name='comment_picker'/>. Below this, I pasted the code from the link above, and it worked! You can either search by clicking a random spot on HTML, pressing CTRL F, and typing in: data='post' name='comment_picker'/>, or skim through HTML until reaching the section with all of the 'div's and 'post's and going to the bottom. Enjoy these cute buttons from the Blog Decorator!


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This