Tuesday, May 8, 2018

How to make the Perfect Mother's Day Gift Basket


I originally made this as a birthday gift for my mother in the fall, but it makes a perfect Mother's Day gift, so if you're still searching for the perfect gift, this is for you! What mother wouldn't love flowers, a journal, a card, and sugar scrub? It also works great as an Easter gift. Mine has an adventure theme, but you could create your own theme. Below I have the exact steps to making this gift basket:

















Step 1. 

Find a basket. Mine was from the thrift store.

Step 2. 

Make the Sugar Scrub. I just make up my recipes as I go. For this one, take a mason jar and fill about 1/3 of it with sugar and about 1/3 with coconut oil. Add essential oil of your choice (mine was a cheap Walmart one, called Tropical Fruit or Citrus or something to that effect). The amount you add depends on how strong it is. Walmart's cheap ones are diluted, so I use maybe 1/4 of a cup. This is optional, but I also like to squeeze in fresh orange juice. At this point, it will probably be too liquid-y, so add in more sugar and stir it all up. Add sugar or oil until you are happy with the texture. Create a label and tie with twine.

Step 3. 

Buy a cute notebook or journal, or make one yourself. The one I used was a Walmart one I had bought on sale, covered with scrapbook paper, and painted calligraphy on before adding a clear gloss.

Step 4.

Handmake a sweet or punny (or both) card. I found my pun online, and it went with the 'adventure' theme I had going. 

Step 5. 

Buy a bouquet. Mine was $5 from the Clarkesville Farmer's Market from Currahee Gardens. They are beautiful and homegrown.

Step 6. 

Put everything in the basket. There you go! An easy, perfect Mother's Day gift completed!





Enjoy!

-Lauryn
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This