Wednesday, July 13, 2016

DIY Mickey Mouse Ears

For Riley's 3rd Modern Minnie Mouse birthday party, I made mickey mouse ears for party favors. Here's the tutorial:


You will need:
-Black felt (One sheet per two people, $0.20 at Walmart per sheet)
-Headbands (I got a pack of twelve headbands for $1 at Dollar Tree)
-Scissors
-Hot glue gun
-Hot glue gun sticks
-Card-stock (black is preferable)

Fold a sheet of felt in half. Cut two circles, which will create four when you are done cutting.


Squirt hot glue on each ear, one at a time.


Place the ear under the headband.


Fold the bottom of the ear (with the hot glue) around the headband, as shown below.



Glue card-stock to every ear to hold them up when they are worn. I used pink cardboard and painted it black because that was what I had on hand.




All done! You can add bows to make Minnie Mouse headbands.


I hope you like your cool party favors!


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This