Thursday, June 2, 2016

DIY Ikea Dish Cloth Hack

This easy Ikea dish cloth pillow can be done in less than ten minutes! It takes me five, but if you're not used to sewing than it might take about nine. It's only five steps!




You will need:
-Ikea Dish Cloth ($0.79)
-'Stuffing' (otherwise known as polyester fiber fill, between $3 and $4 at Walmart)
-A sewing needle
-Thread
-Scissors (optional)

(You can buy the dish cloths here)

1. Turn your folded dish cloth inside-out.
2. Double-thread your needle and sew around three and a half of the edges.
3. Using the edge you have not sewn, flip it inside-out (in other words, back to normal) and fill it with stuffing. I used one-third of the bag, if that.
4. Continue sewing the edge until you reach the end (trying not to make the thread visible).
5. Cut the thread and knot it.

If you don't like to hand-sew or don't know how you could use a sewing machine, but I hate sewing machines and they hate me, constantly malfunctioning when I use them; plus I have no choice but to hand-sew because I don't own a sewing machine. So that's why this tutorial is for hand-sewing.

Here is the result:







I hope you liked this tutorial!


Share this PostPin ThisEmail This