Friday, April 29, 2016

Juvenile Summer Reading List

Summer is right around the corner, and for those of us who adore and live on literature, that means tons of books and reading time! Here are some of my favorite books, as well as books I simply enjoyed, whether I first read them as a child (which is the case for most of them), or I discovered them recently:




-The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis
-The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien
-Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
-A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
-The Wizard of Oz series by Frank Baum
-Mandie Mystery Series by Lois Gladys Leppard
-Dr. Dolittle series by Hugh Lofting
-Serafina and The Black Cloak by Robert Beatty
-A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket (well, the first few books)
-Patricia St. John series by Patricia St. John
-The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart (I've only read the novel before the series, but am about to begin reading it).

My absolute favorites are The Chronicles of Narnia (I've read it at least 6 times), The Lord of the Rings and Alice in Wonderland (which I've literally read at least 8 times). I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!





Share this PostPin ThisEmail This