Saturday, December 5, 2020

"Magical Music" 19th Boy Birthday Party (Harry Potter and Music/Instruments Mashup)

    



   Hey everyone! As promised,  here is a party for my brother's 19th birthday in November that combines his love for Harry Potter with his passion for music/instruments into a theme I call "The Magical Music Party". I was going to do a separate tutorial for the party favors but I decided to just describe that process here as well since that made more sense. 

     I borrowed my brother's books, owl, and wand-looking, light-up drumstick for some of the decorations. I also used my ukulele, a fake trumpet, candle, an owl plate, ancient-style cup, basket, 1 and 9 balloons, a Marauder's Map I printed out, a glass case, pocket-watch, and electric tuner I had on hand. For the floating envelopes, I used invisible string to hang them and made them out of printed sheet music. I printed a 9 3/4 sign and 4/4 time sheet music symbol from images I found on Google. I made the banner by cutting out the brown pieces from Dollar Tree wrapping/packaging paper, coloring half of each with a blue Prisma Color marker, and hot gluing everything to a string. I hot glued printed images of instruments and the Hogwarts houses in the center of each (also found on Google). I apologize for not saving the links to the resources I used. The Harry Potter glasses were from Walmart. The potion in the little bottle by the centerpiece was just extra glitter and water. I made the wands out of sparkly gel pens (that looked like wands already, really) by hot-gluing wand designs based on images of Harry Potter wands I researched, layering the glue until satisfied, then painting them with acrylic paints, nail polish, and gloss. I had too much fun making the Harry Potter musician-type poster, especially with his scar. The color scheme was dark blue with gold (mostly) since my brother loves dark blue and I feel like those colors give a nice astronomy, magical feel. 

     For the party favors in the bags, I labeled them by using the same blue marker mentioned earlier on regular printer paper to write "Thank you for joining!" (since the party was virtual on Zoom and I delivered them after or tried to deliver some and got lost and still need to deliver the rest), and stapling that on. I drew a music-and lightning-strike symbol on them. The wings were printed from an online blog or website, and there are tons of free pintables and different versions that are easy to find. I cut those out and hot-glued them to keys, then glued those to little pianos I drew with the blue marker on more plain paper and cut out. They are flying piano keys. The keys were from Michaels that I had in my key collection from a long time ago, and worked perfect. I got a set of mini glitter bottles from Dollar Tree and turned them into potions by gluing little Harry Potter potion labels on. Again, that was one of many free online pintables I found online. I printed them out tiny, probably 4x6 for the whole sheet, to make sure they fit. I found free sheet music for the Harry Potter Theme song and other songs from the movies, printed them out tiny, and added them in the bags. The favors are not super practical but I was very pressed for time and it was really last minute (as usual). 





































































I hope you enjoyed! I look forward to sharing more with you soon!


-Lauryn

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This