Monday, August 20, 2018

Annie Birthday Party

For my Mother's birthday two weekends ago, I put together an Annie-themed birthday party. I was really excited about the theme, although the decor came out simpler than I envisioned. When I was brainstorming a theme, I thought of characters and how I loved Alice. I realized that Annie was a childhood favorite of hers, like Alice was (and is) to me. I wanted to do untraditional colors, so I chose white, turquiose, and yellow (she loves teal). I was going for a mix of modern and vintage style. The banner was made with tissue paper and wooden beads. The poster was something I edited to match the party, printed, and taped to a slab of marble I had on hand. For the party favors, I made dogs from wash cloths and tacs. I wanted the favors to be practical, cute and coordinate with the theme. I got my inspiration from a wedding favor I saw online. I'll post a tutorial on how to make these soon. The flowers were from our local grocery store. The purple flowers were from my grandparent's garden. The pie was a keto treat made by my mother. I painted the two large posters with acrylics.





























I hope you liked it, and look foward to posting again soon!

-Lauryn
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This