Tuesday, May 8, 2018

DIY Gardening Kit

I made this gardening kit for my cousin last Christmas for less than $5, and it is super easy to put together. Below are the steps so that you can make one for a young girl or plant-lover in your life:















Step 1.

Time to gather your supplies. I bought the trowel and shovel at Walmart for $0.50, but you can find them anywhere pretty much. I had the seed packets on hand, but you can find them for $0.10 sometimes. A lot of times they're $0.25. I bought the gloves at Walmart for $0.50-$1.00. I already had potting soil, but it is usually not too bad. I got a pretty big bag for between $2-$5. The glass dish I used for the terranium I also had on hand, but you can find things like that at most thrift stores. I bought mine for $0.50 or so. I made my figures with Polymer clay scraps. If you would rather buy them, they are often sold at thrift stores. I had twine already, but if you want to package everything with it, it is sold at both Walmart and Dollar Tree. 

Step 2. 

Put your soil in a bag. I used a paper bag, but plastic would be fine, too. Tie it with twine and label it. I placed mine inside of the glass terranium dish.

Step 3. (Optional)

Tie your seed packets and gloves with twine.

Step 4. 

Place your figurines/terranium embellishments in a bag (mine was a party favor bag), and tie it with twine. If you want, you can add a tag or label. 

Step 5. 

Place eveything in a cardboard box. Shoe boxes work great. Tape a paper that reads "DIY Gardening Kit" and lists what's included to the inside of the lid. I handwrote my label on regular paper and used Dollar Tree washi tape. 

You're done! I hope you enjoyed creating this simple, fun gift. I have more gift tutorials to share soon!

-Lauryn
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This