Friday, May 18, 2018

3 DIY Sugar Scrubs


Hello! Today I'd like to share three super easy, quick sugar scrub recipes. I've made sugar scrubs for gifts numerous times, and they are a great addition to a gift basket. I mean, who doesn't like it? Below are the recipes for lemon lavender, coffee and orange/citrus sugar scrubs:







Lemon Lavender Sugar Scrub:

1. Combine coconut oil, lemon juice, and sugar together until you are satisfied with the consistency. I just cut and sqeeze a fresh lemon. You should melt the oil maybe ten seconds (more or less) in the microwave and mix it so it is very soft, but not entirely liquid. I like mine to be about half liquid, half sugar.
2. I use the cheap Walmart essential oil, which is very diluted, so I kind of just squeeze the bottle for a few seconds. Use however much you think it should have. Then mix in more sugar so the texture isn't too watery.
3. This is optional, but you can mix in some fresh lavender flower petals to make it prettier. I just sprinkled mine on the top. You're done!





Coffee Sugar Scrub:

1. Mix together half coconut oil (which you will probably want to soften in the microwave) with half used coffee grinds (which you might want to squeeze some of the wetness out of with a paper towel).

2. Mix these wet ingredients with sugar and vanilla. Use your nose to judge how much vanilla to use. I like my scrub to be half-liquids, half-sugar. You're done!



Orange/Citrus Sugar Scrub:

1. Soften and mix up coconut oil, then cut a fresh orange and squeeze out some or most of the juice. If you use a Cutie, use all of the juice. Mix these liquids together.
2. Add orange or some sort of fruit essential oil in with your mixture. The amount varies depending on what you use. I use diluted Walmart essential oil, so I squirt in a lot.
3. Add lots of sugar (I suggest half-sugar, half-liquids).
4. Adding vanilla is optional. You're done! By the way, if the ingredients seperate over time, it's normal. You can just mix them back together.

(Here's another Orange Sugar Scrub tutorial with photos).














I hope you enjoyed making these quick, easy, lovely and practical gift. Or maybe you made some for yourself! I don't know all of the scientific aspects to it, but sugar scrub can be very beneficial, especially coffee sugar scrub. I suggest using it once a week (not every day). I'll post more tutorials soon!

-Lauryn
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This