Monday, April 16, 2018

Jacob's Modern Lego Minifigure Party



Hey, everyone! Sorry it's been so long! My school semester is coming to a close and I haven't found much time for blogging. Here is a Lego Minifigure party I created for my brother's sixteenth birthday. The color scheme was white, black, grey and gold with a few pops of primary colors. For the favors I made Minifigures with Polymer clay and painted them with acrylics. The guests got to customize them by painting them with more acrylics, decorating their clothes, hair and faces. Another party favor I made was Lego notebooks. I will warn you, however, that the Mod Podge on top made the paper on the covers all wrinkled. I also created prize ribbons with felt and cardboard (here's a diy tutorial), which we used in a Lego contest. Everyone constructed a Lego creation based on a particular topic, and each person got a unique prize ribbon (such as most whimsical, most elaborate, most colorful, etcetera). I handmade little place-cards (or flags, rather), that the Minifigures carried. I also handmade the banner, drawing random but popular Minifigures. I used a sharpie on the paper cups. The most time-consuming project was hand-painting the Lego masks, but it was definitely worth it. The pinata was paper-mache covered in white streamers, made with recycled cardboard. I decorated the cake very simply, and that should be self-explanatory. The pictures were pretty funny!































I have a lot more events to post, so come again soon!

-Lauryn
Share this PostPin ThisEmail This