Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Mini DIY Valentine Pinata Party Favors


Hello! I apologize for not posting sooner. I planned on posting this Monday, but never made time to complete this tutorial. As Valentines Day draws nearer, I expect a lot of you will be planning parties or Valentine exchanges. Here are some cute, easy party favors kids will enjoy.




You will need:
-Cardboard (I used Caprisun boxes)
-Scissors
-A hot-glue gun
-Hot-glue sticks
-Streamers
-Little party favors
-A pen

 Okay, so first cut out strips of cardboard. I like to use the sides of a Caprison box for this.

Bend them into heart shapes, then hot glue the center (where my fingers are holding it together below).



Trace two outlines of every heart.


Now cut out what you traced and hot glue only one to each heart.





Fill the heart boxes with party favors. I made some confetti and bought these at Walmart:




Now glue the top lids on, If they don't fit, make a slightly larger version of the boxes and slip it over the box(es) you already have, then glue. After your boxes are complete, begin gluing streamers on, layer by layer.




I snipped the edges of mine afterward for a fringe, but this is optional and you could cut the streamers before gluing them on.



That's it! Now you have some cute party favors your guests will love!





Share this PostPin ThisEmail This