Monday, February 29, 2016

DIY Dragon in Egg in Nest

Continuing on from my last post, another birthday gift I made (since the last one wasn't actually from me, I just made the idea and label) was a dragon in a dragon egg in a nest. I'm afraid I didn't take any work-in-progress pictures, but I'll explain it the best I can.



Step 1. Make a clay dragon. I don't offer instructions for this, but you can find tutorials online. I just kind of made mine looking at a picture of another polymer clay dragon.


Step 2. Now make a paper mache  egg, leaving space to slip the dragon inside when it dries. I think the proper recipe is flour, water and salt or something but I just used glue. I coated strips of book pages (I was out of newspaper) in glue and used a balloon as my base. You made need to do several layers. I think I did three.


Step 3. Slip your dragon in and cover the egg in tin foil (after removing the balloon). Do around two layers. I used a hot glue gun to stick the tin foil on.

Step 4. Paint the tin foil. I used metallic acrylic paint, blue nail polish, and sparkly nail polish.

Step 5. So now all that's left is the nest. I used a small pretend nest, added fake moss (all things I had on hand), gathered twigs and various materials outside and glued them on with a hot glue gun. (The outdoor materials were not yet on in the photo below).

You are all done! Visit again soon!




Share this PostPin ThisEmail This